The worldwide figures, related to the electrical accident, are increasing day by day. Any person working near or with electrical appliances in a workplace should look for safety and security standard of the place. This is to ensure zero work hazards.
Electrical insulating mats are mats which are placed near industrial materials for the purpose of safety and security of operators. These are used in both small and large electrical workplaces. These are designed to protect workers from electric shock when working on electrical appliances. These electrical insulating mats provide protection against earth contact when the current passes from earth to the ground.
Hazard prevention tips
- The clothing of the person should be protective in nature. Protective clothing such as insulation gloves, boots, arc shields, reflector suits etc, will minimise any hazard at the workplace.
- Person working should always keep an eye on the warning and guideline signs in the workplace.
- All safety rules and regulation should be followed by the book without any slight deviation.
- Other protective equipment like electrical insulating mats, blankets and insulation tools should be used wherever necessary.
- No electrical appliance should be left unattended, not even for a single second.
- An inspection should be made regularly. Any issues found should be reported and should be checked immediately. No process of temporary wiring.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is to never enter the workplace with wet hands. Dry off your hands before you enter.
- Make sure the connections of the cables are intact and electrical insulating mats, blankets insulation tools are working in proper condition.
Cost of life
Electrical Insulating mats should be the most priority of a company where workers work with electrical appliances. No casual attitude should be shown by the company or worker towards electrical safety. Life once gone cannot be retrieved back with any regret. Hence, the company should always choose an electrical Insulating mat that meets the highest quality thus ensuring the best way to stop any electrical hazards.