What are ELECTRICAL ACCIDENTS?
Electrical accidents are the mishappenings that arise due to the large voltage or current at the place of transmission, production, distribution of electricity. Eg. if there is a short circuit in any electrical system then it can damage the surroundings as well as can even cause serious injuries to the nearby people. If a high current carrying wire breaks and suddenly comes in contact with a person then the whole currents will flow towards the ground through the body of that person. This can even lead to the death or any other serious injury to the person.
People working near the electrical accident prone areas can demand the best safety equipment to be installed. The workers of any industry working in such conditions can demand various safety equipment from the management for the insurance of their safety.
Different safety equipment:
Insulating Mats: to avoid the electrical shocks to the person working near high power lines. These mats provide insulation to the person and hence the current can’t flow towards earth through that person.
Gloves: The rubber gloves used to provide insulation from the live wires.
Rubber Boots: to provide insulation as well as grip on the floor at which the worker in working.
PROPERTIES OF INSULATING MATS
- Insulating mats are made up of rubber and some other synthetic insulating polymers to provide best insulating property as well as other important parameters.
- High-voltage insulating mats provide a grip to the person working on it to reduce the chances of falling on the floor.
- They have a good mechanical strength and cannot be distorted easily which increases the durability of the mats.
- They have great resistance against various liquids like acid, oil, and alkali etc.
- They have a wide range of temperature under which they can work efficiently.
- The pricing of the high voltage insulating mats is not so high and hence their installation at a particular place is easy.
- They usually have high tensile strength also.